How to install a GoConex Controller in a junction box or device box.
- TO AVOID FIRE SHOCK OR DEATH; TURN OFF POWER at circuit breaker or fuse and test that power is off before installing GoConex products!
- Install and/or use GoConex in accordance with local electrical codes and regulations.
- GoConex Controllers are to be mounted in electrical junction boxes of suitable size to satisfy the electrical code in your area.
- If you are unsure about any part of these instructions, consult a qualified electrician.
Connect wires to the Controller
- Connect the black power wire to the black wire of the Controller
- Connect the black load wire to the red wire from the Controller
- Connect the white wires from the power, load, and Controller together
Mount the Controller in an electrical box
- Insert the GoConex Controller inside an electrical box (e.g. a junction box or device box). An optional GSC50 connection coupling can slide onto the controller and push-fit into a 1/2” knockout hole.
- If using steel electrical boxes, position the controller’s antenna wire outside the box for best reception.
- The antenna can be inside a plastic electrical box without affecting wireless reception.
Turn power on
- When your connections are safely completed, energize the circuit by closing the breaker or fuse at the panel.
- When powered, the LED status indicator on the Controller will be lit GREEN.
- When your Controller is connected and powered, you can pair it with a GoConex Wire-Free Switch.
Group controllers (if using multiple controllers)
All controllers must be grouped together in order to create a secure ‘network’ that is unique to that building/area. Only controllers with no previous grouping or pairing can join the group. Controllers that have a previous grouping can be cleared by holding down the ‘pair’ button on the controller for 10 seconds. This resets the controller to its factory settings and enables that controller to be grouped to a new ‘network’.
- To begin, press the ‘Pair’ button on one of the controllers in the group (C1).
- Press ‘Pair’ button on new controller being added to the group (C2).
- Press ‘Pair’ button on the first controller (C1) again to complete the grouping.
Pair Switches and Controllers together
Switches transmit on, off, and dim commands to GoConex Controllers.
- Press the ‘Pair’ button on the Controller. The LED on the Controller will flash green. NOTE: If there is no pairing request received within 60 seconds, the controller will quit the pairing procedure and the LED will return to a solid green indicator.
- Squeeze and release both ends of the GoConex Switch simultaneously to send a unique pair code to the Controller. The Controller LED status indicator will flash green and red to confirm the switch and the controller are communicating.
- Press ‘Pair’ on the Controller to confirm the pairing. The LED will flash green to indicate success.
One switch can be paired with many controllers. Pair your switch with a second controller to control both loads with the one switch.
How to reset the Controller’s pairing and group configuration
- To clear the Controller’s paired switch memory, press and hold the ‘Pair’ button for 5 seconds. The LED will flash red to indicate the switch pairings have been cleared.
- To clear a Controller’s saved group memory, press and hold the ‘Pair’ button for 10 seconds. The LED will flash red to indicate the memory has been cleared.
- If using multiple controllers, group the controller before pairing it with other switches.