How to install a GoConex Controller in a junction box or device box.
1) Before You Start
- TO AVOID FIRE SHOCK OR DEATH; TURN OFF POWER at circuit breaker or fuse and test that power is off before wiring!
- Install and/or use GoConex in accordance with local electrical codes and regulations.
- GoConex Controllers should be mounted in electrical junction boxes of suitable size with height no less than 2″ (50.8mm) and with 1/2″ knockouts. e.g. 4″ x 2 1/8″ octagonal box.
- If you are unsure about any part of these instructions, consult a qualified electrician.
Identify your wires
You need these wires in the junction box:
- Load (e.g. wire to the light fixture)
Mount the GoConex Controller inside your junction box
- Push the Controller’s connector coupling into one of the junction box’s 1/2″ knockouts from inside.
- When installed, the coupling and black antenna wire should be out of the knockout hole.
Connect the wires to the Controller
- Connect the Neutral wire to the white wire on controller
- Connect the Line/Hot wire to the black wire on controller
- Connect the Load wire to the red wire on controller
Connect your Controller as per the following wiring diagram:
3) Power Your Controller
After you complete your wiring connections, energize the circuit by closing the circuit breaker in your electrical panel.
When powered, the LED status indicator on the Controller will be lit GREEN.
4) Ready to Pair the Controller and Switch
When your Controller is connected and powered, you are now ready to pair it with a GoConex Wireless Switch.
Proceed to the next Support Page for instructions about pairing.